Americans for Common Cents,
I disagree with your stance to keep the penny, for the following reasons:
1) They are costing us taxpayers too much money to produce.
2) We will not suffer "rounding-up" if we instead simply drop a decimal place in prices from, say, $14.95 to $14.9. Thus we can also eliminate the nickel and quarter.
3) Charities will gain because excess pennies will be donated to charities since it would take ten of them to make any purchase. Also, nickels and quarters would be more likely to be donated as well.
4) We can overcome lost nostalgia for Lincoln and Jefferson and Washington by making new dimes with their images on them.
5) Simplifying to one coin, the dime, would make it much easier to calculate and store change from our purchases.
I hope you will agree and join me in calling for Dimes Only.
Paul Douglas Boyer
Host, MadMoneyMachine.com podcast
Please join me in asking our government to eliminate production of pennies, nickels, and quarters.